He is Editor-in-Chief of the international scientific journal ‘Agricultural and Food Economics’ published by Springer Open. He has been member of the International Jury for the ‘EXPO Awards’ of EXPO Milano 2015, vice-chairman of the local organizing committee of the 29th Conference of the International Association of Agricultural Economists (ICAE 2015, Milan), and member of Technical Program Committee of the 2nd Agricultural Economics Conference in China (2016, Nanjing). His main research interests include food supply chain analysis, consumer behaviour, economics of obesity, food policy, and environmental sustainability. He participated and was involved in the coordination of several European and national research projects such as TRUEFOOD - Traditional United Europe Food (EU FP6; 2006-2010), CAPINFOOD on innovation in the South-East-European food sector (EU SEE; 2011-2014), SOSTARE on environmental and economic sustainability of farms (2009-2011); MOSE4AGROFOOD - Mobile Services for Agro Food (2010-2012); Long Life – High Sustainability (PRIN national project; 2014-2017). He is author of many scientific publications, and his H-Index is 10 in Scopus and 16 in Google Scholar.
- Banterle, A., E.C. Ricci and S. Stranieri, “Convenience food with environmentally-sustainable attributes: A consumer perspective,” Appetite, 116:11-20, 2017.
- Banterle, A., A. Cavaliere and E. De Marchi, “Investigation on the role of consumer health orientation in the use of food labels,” Public Health, 147:119-127, 2017.
- Banterle, A., V. Caputo, E. De Marchi and R.M. Nayga, “Time preferences and food choices: Evidence from a choice experiment,” Food Policy, 62: 99-109, 2016.
- Cavaliere, A., E.C. Ricci and A. Banterle,”Nutrition and health claims: Who is interested? An empirical analysis of consumer preferences in Italy,” Food Quality and Preference, 41:44-51, 2015.
- Banterle, A. and A. Cavaliere, “Is there a relationship between product attributes, nutrition labels and excess weight? Evidence from an Italian region,” Food Policy, 49:241-249, 2014.