His short-term and visiting positions include: Senior Economic Affairs Officer at UNCTAD, "Debt and Development Strategy Unit"; Houblon-Norman Fellow at the Bank of England; visiting professor at the Graduate Institute of Geneva, at the University of Geneva, and at the European University Institute. His research interests are in public debt economics, development finance and monetary policy, with a special focus on debt management, and cover various topics from yield spread analysis to debt crises and debt relief. Alessandro Missale has a distinguished publication record in scientific economic journals and has written the book "Public Debt Management" for Oxford University Press. He coordinated and collaborated to research projects of the European Parliament, the European Commission and the World Bank.
- Favero, C.A. and A. Missale, “Contagion in the EMU – The Role of Eurobonds with OMTs,” Review of Law & Economics, 12(3): 555-584, 2016.
- Bacchiocchi, E. and A. Missale, “Multilateral Indexed Loans and Debt Sustainability,” Oxford Review of Economic Policy, 31(3-4): 305-329, Autumn-Winter 2015.
- Cordella, T. and A. Missale, “To give or to forgive? Aid versus debt relief,” Journal of International Money and Finance, 37: 504-528, 2013.
- Marchesi, S. and A. Missale, “Did High Debts Distort Loan and Grant Allocation to IDA Countries?” World Development, 44: 44-62, 2013.
- Favero, C.A. and A. Missale, “Sovereign Spreads in the Euro Area. Which Prospects for a Eurobond?” Economic Policy, 27 (70): 231-273, 2012.