Her main areas of research are Industrial Organization and Applied Economics. Maria Letizia holds an MSc in Economics from University of Turin and a Laurea degree in Economics from the University of Pisa. Upon completing her PhD, she held postdoctoral and visiting positions at the University of Brescia and at the London School of Economics. At the LSE she conducted research on the dynamics of competition and market structure under the supervision of Professor John Sutton. Previously, at the Italian National Statistics Office (ISTAT), Enterprises Division, she focused on sectoral concentration and competitive outcomes, and coordinated the Inquiry on the telecommunications sector. She is a regular speaker at leading international conferences in the field of industrial economics, including the International Industrial Organization Conference, the European Association for Research in Industrial Economics annual meetings, and the Cresse Conference on Antitrust and Competition Policy.
Recent Publications and Working Papers
- Di Iorio, F. and M.L. Giorgetti, “A Deeper Analysis on Pharmaceutical Submarket Concentration: The US Market in 1987-1998,” Working Paper DEEM, January 2017.
- Giorgetti, M.L. et al., EU Industrial Policy: Assessment of Recent Developments and Recommendations for Future Policies, Directorate General for Internal Policy, European Parliament, January 2015.
- Giorgetti, M.L., “Entry and Submarket Concentration: Empirical Evidence from the Pharmaceutical Industry,” European Review of Industrial and Economic Policy, 6, 2013.
- Amisano, G. and M.L. Giorgetti, “Diversification by Entry into a New Submarket?” Applied Economics, 45(12): 1507-1518, 2013.
- Amisano, G. and M.L. Giorgetti, “Entry in Pharmaceutical Submarkets: A Bayesian Panel Probit Analysis, Journal of Applied Econometrics, 28(4): 667–701, 2013.