Prior to coming to Pavia, he is Professor of Economics at Università di Milano Bicocca where he also served as head of the Department of Economics between 2007 and 2014. He has published extensively in the field of DSGE models. He is author of 41 articles published in refereed journals, including Review of Economic Dynamics, World Development, Journal of Money Credit and Banking, Journal of International Money and Finance, Journal of Banking and Finance, International Journal of Central Banking, Journal of Empirical Finance, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Journal of Macroeconomics, Economic Modelling, Oxford Economic Papers, Economic Letters, European Journal of Political Economy, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Economics Letters, Economics and Politics, The Manchester School, Applied Economics, Empirical Economics.
- "Risk Premiums, Nominal Rigidities and Limited Asset Market Participation" (2021) with Lorenzo Menna Journal of Money Credit and Banking 20.
- “Financial Crises and Sudden Stops: Was the European Monetary Union crisis different?” (2020) with Alice Albonico Economic Modelling
- "Informality and the Labor Market Effects of Financial Crises" (2019) with E. Colombo, L. Menna World Development, 119, 1-22.
- “Great Recession, Slow Recovery and Muted Fiscal Policies in the US” (2017) with A. Albonico, A. Paccagnini 2017, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control Volume 81, August , 140-161.
- "Optimal Inflation to Reduce Inequality," (2017) with L. Menna Review of Economic Dynamics. Mar 31;24:79-94.